Friday, March 7, 2014

Students are flying planes for Winterim?

Well, technially no, students are not flying planes, but Connor is shadowing a person at an airline for his Professional Winterim.  We heard from him mid-week and he did get to fly in the cockpit of a plane heading to Boston. 








I am writing to you from Hyannis, where I am currently living with my cousins. Everyday, I commute to the headquarters of Cape Air, a regional airline that services multiple regions, including the Northeast, Montana, and the Caribbean. I am shadowing the Manager of Crew Resources, and my daily duties include paperwork, attending meetings, and working on spreadsheets. Some of the more exciting things I’ve done so far include tagging along on a quick flight to Boston and back, and meeting the company’s founder Dan Wolf, who is also a state senator representing the Cape and Islands. Today I was fortunate enough to meet the airport manager for the airport here in Hyannis, and learn more about how a small airport runs. The experience so far has been really interesting, and I look forward to my next week and a half here at the company. 

The Winterim Professionals program has given me a great opportunity to explore the aviation industry, and I’m interested to hear more about how the other Professionals students are doing, as well as the other LA students experiencing Winterim both on campus, and around the world, by reading the Winterim blog! Keep up the good work, and happy Winterim!

No comments:

Post a Comment